Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweater transformation: big ruching

I have to admit, I love ruching (a French term that means gathering, ruffling or pleating in a zig zag fashion, instead of straight-stitch gathering).

I found this white long-sleeved sweater on Old Navy's clearance rack for $2.50...

The sleeves were too long and I wanted to make it much more feminine...

So after cutting off the sweater sleeves, finishing them off with a zig-zag stitch, cutting up a TJ Maxx clearance cream-opaque polyester robe, and adding ruching embellishments to the white sweater, I created this:




I like how it turned out. It feels very feminine.

It made a cute outfit for church Sunday.


Linked to:

Tea Rose Home
Sew Much Ado
AGirlinParadise

6 comments:

  1. looking at all your creations makes me think i'm a one-hit wonder. i always do the same stuff. yet you come up with DIFFERENT techniques and different patters/ideas for almost every projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, as a non-sewist, I had no idea what ruching was. I now realize I love ruching! This is super adorable. Lady, you have mad skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is exquisite!
    (Visiting from tearose)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top turned out very lovely! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really awesome!! I love all the ruffles/ruching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your re-fashion. It came out awesome. Thanks for linking up to Sew Fabulous Friday! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips