Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tiered ruffled tank top make-over

I love tiered tops! They are so ruffly and feminine.

I decided I wanted to make one for myself. And after looking through a bunch of different varieties (long layers, short layers, different fabrics, etc.) I decided I'd follow the guidelines from a lovely tiered tank tutorial (say that 5 times fast) from Tea Rose Home (she is amazing - I love her design).

This is how my tiered tank top refashion started....I bought 2 of the same clearance tank tops at Old Navy. I loved the color and lightweight jersey material.


I trimmed the top collar and shoulders off of the one I was keeping, and cut up the other one into a bunch of 1" strips...then I ruffled like crazy.


And in the end, this is what I came up with:




It took quite a while to cut, ruffle, pin and sew each layer, but I love how it turned out!

I love wearing it underneath a white sweater or jean jacket



Linked to:
TheGirlCreative
SkipToMyLou
SumosSweetStuff
SewCanDo
BetweenNapsOnThePorch
C.R.A.F.T.
CraftoManiac
MakingtheWorldCuter
ShabbyNest
TheCreativeItch
TeaRoseHome

10 comments:

  1. Woah that's really cool! I like how many layers you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Would love that with a new brown jacket I have! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this, you did a great job!! I wish it was for sale:)
    Because I do not sew...this well.
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the color too-i'm a pinkohaulic. :)
    www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love it! It must have required a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! love it under the jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very cute. . .you made it sound easy, but
    for those of us who are a little 'sewing challenged' I'm not sure.
    Love the color and it looks great layered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Something about all those ruffles...it's like the crystals on a chandelier for me...irresistable. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. so much work and SOOOOOO adorable!!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips