Monday, December 6, 2010

Refashioned with ruffles: long-sleeved shirt

I still love ruffles. I'm secretly afraid that one day I'll wake up and realize they are suddenly out of fashion, but until that time I'll continue to ruffle.

I wanted something more for this ordinary white long sleeved tshirt:

So I cut up a cream t-shirt I already had, into strips, and ruffled away.

This is how it turned out:
I wanted to make the neck line a little different, so I ruffled both edges of the top strip. I got the idea from MadebyLex.

I like the cascading ruffles because it draws the eye down, which breaks up the bust line of a plain long sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog! I originally found it looking for info on how to alter a shirt and make it bigger. I picked your page from the Google list because my name is Shannon too, but I started looking at your other stuff and love your sense of style. I checked out the MadebyLex site and think your shirt is much prettier and the craftsmanship looks more refined. Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips