Monday, January 17, 2011

Fixing the misfits: fix-up discounted crafts!

If you have a JoAnn Fabrics store near you, you've got to check out the last of the holiday merchandise.

I thought the holiday left-overs would be long gone by now, but I was shocked to find a few cute things today for, get this, 90% off! No, that's not a type-o. It might as well have been free.

Most of the merchandise was in normal condition, but there were a few misfits in the bunch. Take for example this one-eyed Santa.

He was normally $19.99, but came home with me for $1.99.

Poor thing looked so sad without his other eye.

So I gave him another one. Since I didn't have a matching bead, I snipped it off and added two matching eyes with a sharpie. And look at Santa now:

As good as new.

And then there was the nose-less snowman, regularly $24.99, for $2.50.

all he had was an empty post.

So I made him a carrot nose out of a little orange fabric and hot glue.
Ahhh, much better.
Fixing up these discounted items didn't take much time at all and now they're ready for December 2011!

Stop by JoAnn's and see what you can find!


4 comments:

  1. I love your skills as a Christmas plastic surgeon!! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute snowman. i really misshaving a joanns close by. i use to go on my lunch breaks in california all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great Xmas doctor !!!
    Great result!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredible. I just love you for that. Fixing up something from discounted crafts that you bought from store costs you a lot lesser. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips