Monday, April 11, 2011

A little sweater definition

Webster's Dictionary defines sweater as...
Okay, I don't mean that kind of definition.

I'm talking about definition, as in making something more distinct. As in my waist. As in I look like I'm a tent with no waist line when wearing this sweater and I need a little help.


It's a very cute sweater as is, but with my proportions, I need a little something to define my waist.

First, I tried this cute belted look, but on me, it looked like I had a major case of muffin top. And the only muffin top I want is of the almond poppyseed variety.


Next, I tried this over-the-sweater-belted look, which is very cute, but on me it looked like I was packing more than a few muffins.
What to do, what to do...

So I opted for a simpler form of waist line definition, to draw the eye in while keeping more of a sleek, drapy line.



And what do you know, it worked!

By sewing a skinny piece of matching ribbon in on the existing inside seams, both sides come together, adding a natural, more subtle waist line.





All this and not a muffin in sight.
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Linked to:

3 comments:

  1. i recently saw a DIY to make your own cardigan similar to this one. pretty much she used her favorite cardigan and traced the pieces of it to make a copy cat "pattern"- it turned out so cute, and now i want to try it! but i've never used a "pattern" before, much less made a pattern then followed it... have you used a pattern before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't ever used a pattern. I always do things my own way...which can be good and bad! My mom always used patterns and her things turned out perfectly. Maybe there's something to that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips