Monday, October 17, 2011

My birthday suit

Okay, it's not what you think.
I'm actually talking about my birthday outfit. Meaning fully clothed.
And yes, I was going for shock value.

In honor of my birthday last week, I decided to go shopping. I really had nothing to wear and who wants to turn a year older with the same old clothes?

I'll admit, I'm not really a shopper. I have to be in the right mood. But I made an exception for my birthday and after way too long inside the department store, I came out with my new birthday outfit.


Sorry, you get the dress form version. I don't like pictures of myself. Maybe later.

Okay, here's the low down.
The new items are the shirt and jeans. Yes, even that took me hours to find.
I already had the jean jacket and necklace, but found it added just the right touch.

I LOVE the ruffle at the bottom of the shirt. The material is really delicate (maybe tissue jersey?), with clear sequins sewn up the front.

 I like how the antique-ish necklace added a pop of color, while maintaining the style.


I was surprised to learn that as far as Levi's are concerned, that I'm curvy. Imagine that. I've always known I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I never really thought of myself as curvy. But I guess if the jeans fit...



And P.S.? If you decide to take a picture with your dress form? Remember where you put it. I took my photos, went to do other things and when I walked back in the front room I about had a heart attack. Someone was standing in my front room. Breathe. It's just your mannequin.


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm not a clothes shopper either, so I understand your pain...

    Oh yeah, that fully clothed dress form would give me a heart attack, especially if it was behind a door... My son has a hanging punching bag downstairs...I finally had to close the door as I thought someone was lurking in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shirts like that. Anything that is unique and attractive, form fitting, well made, I love. Cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this!!!! it can be worn dressed up or dressed down which makes it in a word...PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man! i need a dress form! im tired of awkward self shots! :)

    p.s. love your birthday suit! *wolf whistles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I don't own a mannequin but that sounds like something I would do!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips