Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap

copy cat bath and body works make your own foaming hand soap refill peppermint
My sister gave me Twisted Peppermint Foaming Hand Soap from Bath and Body Works for Christmas. Mmmmm! It smells SO good and lifts my spirits every time I use it!

Did you know that Peppermint oil has been shown to increase energy and mental clarity? Um, yes to both please!

So as the bottle began to run low, you can imagine my feelings of woe, never wanting this magic bottle of foaming hand soap to end....so when I stumbled upon this great DIY recipe for foaming hand soap, from Wellness Mama, I knew I'd hit the jackpot!

Bath & Body Works Peppermint Foaming Hand Soap DIY


By combining simple ingredients like distilled water, Peppermint Castille Soap (liquid)  & a dash of oil (I used jojoba oil since it's what I had on hand), the perfect copy cat version of Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint foaming hand soap was born! No more crying, now I have a lifetime of refills! And energy to boot!

Be sure to check out the recipe - it's so easy to make! Other DIY foaming hand soap recipes use vegetable glycerin instead of a colored oil and I think I'll do that next time, since it does leave a little yellow jojoba oil floating on top. But nothing a little shake-shake can't help.

I love using DIY skin care products and household cleaning products when I can, because I know exactly what I put in them and always look for gentle ingredients that won't irritate my sensitive skin. My next batch will be using Lavender Castille Soap to make my own foaming shower soap! It only seems to work in a foaming soap container, so don't throw them out when you're done with the bottle!

SUBSCRIBE (never miss a post!): Subscribe to ShannonSews
BLOGLOVIN: ShannonSews on Bloglovin
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns AND facebook.com/FairfaceWashcloths
TWITTER: @ShannonSews1
INSTAGRAM: ShannonSorensenDesigns on Instagram
SHOP: Shannon Sorensen Designs + Fairface Washcloths
YOUTUBE: youtube.com/ShannonSews

2 comments:

  1. I only have plain Castille soap, but I do have some peppermint essential oil. I've been making shampoo like this for a long time, but I found adding the almond oil made my hair too oily. You can use Castille soap for SO many things! Body wash, face wash, shampoo...and now foaming soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using the "baby" castille soap for the shower b/c its so mild and doesn't have any perfumes. It keeps my skin from getting dry and doesn't irritate it. It's the best isn't it?! Wish I'd discovered it long ago!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips